Method 1 (direct link to webstore):
- Click here to open the add-on in the Chrome webstore.
- Click the blue + Free button to begin the installation. Follow the Installation details below.
Note: this method will create a new Google Form which will be empty. Open another Form and the add-on will be available.
Method 2 (via Google Forms):
- Open your Google Form and click the More menu (three vertical dots), and choose the Add-ons… menu option.
- In the Add-ons Store search for codlord’s Form Translator, select it and then click on the blue + Free button to begin the installation. Follow the Installation details below.
To complete the installation:
- Choose a Google account to install the add-on.
- You must now review the permissions required by the add-on (see Permission & Verification for details) and click the Allow button.
- Once the add-on is installed you will see the Add-ons icon (jigsaw puzzle piece) at the top of your form. Click on the icon and select Form Translator -> Start. The add-on sidebar will be displayed.
Uninstall / Removal
If you wish to remove the add-on please follow these steps:
- Click the Add-ons icon (jigsaw puzzle piece) at the top of your form and select Form Translator -> Help. Press the View in store button.
- Click the green Manage button and select the Remove option.
- Close your Form.
Permissions & Verification
The add-on has been reviewed and verified as safe by Google but it still requires your authorisation to use certain permissions on your Google account. These are explained below:
- View and manage your forms in Google Drive. This permission is required as the add-on reads data from the form you install the add-on in and generates new translated forms. The add-on does access any other forms and the developer has no access to your form questions or responses.
- View and manage your spreadsheets in Google Drive. This permission is required as the add-on creates a new spreadsheet to store the text translations. The add-on does not access any other spreadsheets and the developer has no access to your spreadsheet data.
- View and manage the files in your Google Drive. This permission is required as the add-on can create new files in a Drive folder of your choice and another option to create Response Spreadsheets for the new forms it generates. The add-on does not access any other files and the developer has no access to your files or folders.
- Connect to an external service. This permission is required as the add-on logs errors to an external error log service. No personal information of any sort is logged.
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications. This permission is required for the browser-based add-on sidebar to work. The add-on uses third-party libraries including jQuery to handle the interface elements.
You can review or revoke permissions at any time by visiting your Google account permission settings. However, if you revoke add-on permissions add-on will not be able to work.